Kingstree in Williamsburg County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
This Presbyterian church was established 1736 by John Witherspoon and other early Scotch-Irish settlers. Originally located about 1 mile east at Williamsburg Cemetery, the congregation moved here to Academy Street in 1890; the present sanctuary was completed in 1913. A number of congregations have come from this church, which is the oldest continuing ecclesiastical group in Williamsburg County.
Erected 1993 by Congregation of Williamsburg Presbyterian Church. (Marker Number 45-10.)
Location. 33° 40.127′ N, 79° 49.915′ W. Marker is in Kingstree, South Carolina, in Williamsburg County. Marker is on North Academy Street north of West Brooks Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 411 North Academy Street, Kingstree SC 29556, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Kingstree: Gathering Vital Intelligence (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. Albanís Episcopal Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Willamsburg County Veterans Monument (approx. 0.4 miles away); Williamsburgh (approx. 0.4 miles away); Williamsburg County Confederate Monument Old Muster Ground and Courthouse (approx. 0.4 miles away); Thurgood Marshall, J.D. (approx. 0.4 miles away); Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. (approx. 0.4 miles away); Stephen A. Swails House (approx. half a mile away); Battle of Kingstree (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Kingstree.
Also see . . . Williamsburg Presbyterian Church. Official website of Williamsburg Presbyterian Church. (Submitted on February 9, 2011, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 24, 2010, by David Bullard of Seneca, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 717 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 24, 2010, by David Bullard of Seneca, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.