Columbia in Richland County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Original Site of Winthrop College
Erected 1938 by The Columbia Sesquicentennial Commission of 1936. (Marker Number 40-5.)
Location. 34° 0.587′ N, 81° 1.697′ W. Marker is in Columbia, South Carolina, in Richland County. Marker is on Henderson Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Located at the Carriage House, Robert Mills House between Blanding and Taylor Streets., Columbia. Marker is in this post office area: Columbia SC 29201, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Former Site of Columbia Theological Seminary (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Columbia Bible College, 1937-1960 / Westervelt Home, 1930 - 1937 (about 400 feet away); Hampton - Preston House (about 400 feet away); Wilson House (about 700 feet away); Wilson Boyhood House Church of the Good Shepard (approx. 0.2 miles away); Original Site of Columbia College (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named Columbia Bible College (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbia.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. More on Winthrop College
Categories. • Education • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 27, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 674 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 1, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.