Terryville in Litchfield County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
Original Date Stone
Eagle Lock Company
Eagle Lock Company
1889 - 1979
Location. 41° 40.742′ N, 73° 0.747′ W. Marker is in Terryville, Connecticut, in Litchfield County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and Prospect Street, on the right when traveling west on Main Street. Touch for map. Located in front of the Lock Museum of America. Marker is at or near this postal address: 230 Main Street, Terryville CT 06786, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Terryville Congregational Church Bell (within shouting distance of this marker); The Old Terryville Cemetery (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Plymouth Vietnam Veterans Memorial (about 700 feet away); Plymouth Veterans Monument (about 700 feet away); Loyal Sons and Daughters (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Eli Terry Jr. Water Wheel (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dorence Atwater, Plymouth's Civil War Hero (approx. ¼ mile away); Terryville Soldiers Memorial (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Terryville.
Regarding Original Date Stone. The Eagle Lock Company was established in 1833 and incorporated in 1854. At one time it was the largest trunk
The Lock Museum of America holds the largest collection of colonial and antique locks in the United States. The museum features eight display rooms, including rooms devoted to bank locks and Yale locks.
Also see . . . Lock Museum of America - Official Website. (Submitted on December 27, 2011, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 1, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 717 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on March 1, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.