Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Barnesville in Lamar County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Lamar Electric Membership Corporation Incorporating Board of Directors

 
 
Lamar Electric Membership Corporation Incorporating Board of Directors Marker image. Click for full size.
By David Seibert, November 8, 2009
1. Lamar Electric Membership Corporation Incorporating Board of Directors Marker
Inscription. REA Project 75 was chartered in February 1937 and was energized August 11, 1938, by President Franklin D. Roosevelt. It became Lamar Electric Membership Corporation. This day, January 23, 2005, as we change the name to Southern Rivers Energy, the board of directors and membership dedicate this cooperative to the incorporating board of directors for their dedication to community and their foresight and diligence in making this cooperative an asset to its members and the community it serves.

H.L. Smith, President
O.L. Carter, Vice President
A.N. Moye, Secretary
E.C. Milner, Treasurer
J.E. Ballard, Sr.
H.L. Brandenburg
C.J. Childs
W.H. Dunn
W.P. Elder

W.Y. Andrews, Manager
H.J. Kennedy, Sr., Attorney
 
Erected 2005 by Southern Rivers Energy.
 
Location. 33° 0.87′ N, 84° 7.771′ W. Marker is near Barnesville, Georgia, in Lamar County. Marker is on U.S. 341 0.2 miles south of Abbott Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. The marker is located at the north entrance to the Southern Rivers EMC (the renamed Lamar EMC) parking lot. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1367 U.S. 341, Barnesville GA 30204, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers
Lamar Electric Membership Corporation Incorporating Board of Directors Marker image. Click for full size.
By David Seibert, November 8, 2009
2. Lamar Electric Membership Corporation Incorporating Board of Directors Marker
Looking north on US 341 from the Southern Rivers EMC parking lot toward Barnesville
are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lamar Electric Membership Corporation (within shouting distance of this marker); A&M - G.I.C. (approx. 2.6 miles away); Gordon Military College (approx. 2.6 miles away); Roosevelt’s Barnesville Speech (approx. 2.7 miles away); Lamar County (approx. 3.1 miles away); Barnesville Blues (approx. 3.1 miles away); Confederate Hospitals (approx. 3.1 miles away); Confederate Hospital (approx. 3.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Barnesville.
 
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
 
Categories. 20th CenturyIndustry & Commerce
 
Lamar Electric Membership Corporation Incorporating Board of Directors Marker image. Click for full size.
By David Seibert, November 8, 2009
3. Lamar Electric Membership Corporation Incorporating Board of Directors Marker
This view is the Southern Rivers EMC parking lot, looking north along US 341 (to the right). The older Lamar EMC marker is in the foreground; the new Lamar EMC Incorporating Board of Directors can just be seen at the far end of the parking lot.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 6, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 791 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on March 6, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement