Alexander City in Tallapoosa County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
First Presbyterian Church
The postmaster used the church’s basement for his office until the new Post Office was rebuilt. In the mid-1990s, the building was renovated by the law firm of Morris, Haynes, and Hornsby.
Erected 2000 by Alabama Historical Association.
Location. 32° 56.614′ N, 85° 57.196′ W. Marker is in Alexander City, Alabama, in Tallapoosa County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and Tallapoosa Street, on the right when traveling east on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 131 Main Street, Alexander City AL 35010, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Alexander City: A Textile Community (within shouting distance of this marker); Court Square (within shouting distance of this marker); The First Baptist Church (within The Savannah And Memphis Railroad 1874 (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Youngsville (approx. ¼ mile away); First United Methodist Church 1872 (approx. 0.3 miles away); Needmore 1873 (approx. 0.7 miles away); Socopatoy (approx. 7.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Alexander City.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 12, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 714 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 12, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.