King of Prussia in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
New Jersey Brigade
The State of New Jersey
upon the site occupied by the
New Jersey Brigade
Infantry – Line – Continental Army
Brigadier General William Maxwell
First Regiment Col. Mathias Ogden
Second Regiment Col. Israel Shreve
Third Regiment Col. Elias Dayton
Fourth Regiment Col. Ephraim Martin
December 19 1777 – June 18 1778
Erected by State of New Jersey.
Location. 40° 5.908′ N, 75° 27.324′ W. Marker is in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, in Montgomery County. Marker is on Inner Line Drive, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is on the auto tour road in Valley Forge National Historical Park. Marker is in this post office area: King of Prussia PA 19406, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sullivan’s Division (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of the Marquee (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Gen. Lachlan McIntosh (approx. ¼ mile away); Headquarters Complex (approx. 0.3 miles away); American Icon (approx. 0.3 miles away); Commander in Chief’s Guards Delaware Monument (approx. 0.3 miles away); Washington’s Headquarters (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in King of Prussia.
Also see . . . Valley Forge National Historical Park. National Park Service website. (Submitted on March 20, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 20, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 630 times since then and 37 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on March 20, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.