King of Prussia in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
—Valley Forge December 19 1777 June 18 1778 —
Brig. General George Weedon
13th Regiment Infantry Pennsylvania Line Col. Walter Stewart
(Raised as “State Regiment of Foot” March 1 1777 attached to Pennsylvania Line as 13th Regiment Infantry November 12 1777 – Consolidated with 2d Regiment Infantry July 1 1778)
2d Regiment Virginia Infantry Lieut. Colonel Charles Dabney
6th Regiment Virginia Infantry Colonel John Gibson
10th Regiment Virginia Infantry Colonel John Green
14th Regiment Virginia Infantry Lieut. Colonel William Davis
Location. 40° 5.832′ N, 75° 25.534′ W. Marker is in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, in Montgomery County. Marker is on Outer Line Road, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is on the tour road in Valley Forge National Historical Park, at stop 2. Marker is in this post office area: King of Prussia PA 19406, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Log City (a few steps from this marker); Winter Encampment (within shouting distance of this marker); Soldiers’ Huts (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Greene’s Division DeKalb’s Division (approx. 0.3 miles away); DeKalb's Division (Learned's Brigade) (approx. half a mile away); Maine (approx. half a mile away); Patriots of African Descent (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in King of Prussia.
Also see . . . Valley Forge National Historical Park. National Park Service website. (Submitted on March 21, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 20, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 608 times since then. Photos: 1. submitted on March 20, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. 2, 3, 4. submitted on March 21, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.