King of Prussia in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of the Marquee
On this spot General Washington erected his campaign tent (marquee) when he entered Valley Forge December 19, 1777. He occupied this tent until December 24, 1777, when he moved his headquarters to the Potts House at the junction of Valley Creek and Schuylkill River.
Location. 40° 5.884′ N, 75° 27.268′ W. Marker is in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, in Montgomery County. Marker is on Inner Line Drive, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is on the tour road in Valley Forge National Historical Park, between stops 8 and 9. Marker is in this post office area: King of Prussia PA 19406, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. New Jersey Brigade (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Sullivan’s Division (about 300 feet away); Gen. Lachlan McIntosh (approx. 0.3 miles away); Headquarters Complex (approx. 0.3 miles away); A Pointed Defense (approx. 0.4 miles away); American Icon (approx. 0.4 miles away); Delaware Monument (approx. 0.4 miles away); Schoolhouse (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in King of Prussia.
Also see . . . Valley Forge National Historical Park. National Park Service website. (Submitted on March 21, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Notable Places • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 21, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 661 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on March 21, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.