Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Norfolk in Litchfield County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
 

Mills - Emerson House

 
 
Mills - Emerson House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Michael Herrick, April 8, 2010
1. Mills - Emerson House Marker
Inscription.
1806
Built By Michael F. Mills
----------------
Later the Home Of
Rev. Ralph Emerson
Second Pastor of The Church
1816 – 1829

 
Location. 41° 59.357′ N, 73° 11.891′ W. Marker is in Norfolk, Connecticut, in Litchfield County. Marker is at the intersection of Greenwoods Road West (U.S. 44) and Maple Avenue, on the right when traveling west on Greenwoods Road West. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 19 Greenwoods Road West, Norfolk CT 06058, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Norfolk Veterans Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); Norfolk Soldiers Monument (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Norfolk Academy (about 400 feet away); Norfolk (about 400 feet away); Norfolk World War I Monument (approx. 0.4 miles away); East Canaan Veterans Monument (approx. 4.7 miles away); Samuel Forbes (approx. 4.7 miles away); The Rock School (approx. 4.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Norfolk.
 
Regarding Mills - Emerson House.
Michael Frederick Mills was born June 28, 1747 at Simsbury, Connecticut. He died August 2, 1857 in Norfolk, Connecticut.

Across
Mills - Emerson House and Marker image. Click for full size.
By Michael Herrick, April 8, 2010
2. Mills - Emerson House and Marker
Maple Avenue from the Norfolk Library is the parsonage of Rev. Ralph Emerson, who was pastor of Norfolk’s Congregational Church from 1816 until 1829, when he left to become professor of Ecclesiastical History at Andover Theological Seminary, in Newton, Massachusetts. The house was originally built in 1806 by Michael F. Mills, a lawyer, Justice of the Peace and Representative in the General Assembly.
From : Historic Buildings of Connecticut (http://historicbuildingsct.com)

Please note the house is a private residence and is not open to the public.
 
Categories. Notable BuildingsNotable Persons
 
Mills - Emerson House image. Click for full size.
By Michael Herrick, April 8, 2010
3. Mills - Emerson House
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 11, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 486 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on April 11, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.
Paid Advertisement