Diboll in Angelina County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Thomas Lewis Latane Temple
Erected 1994 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 8726.)
Location. 31° 11.28′ N, 94° 46.938′ W. Marker is in Diboll, Texas, in Angelina County. Marker is on Park Street south of Weber / Farrington Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in front of T.L.L. Temple Memorial Library. Marker is at or near this postal address: 300 Park St, Diboll TX 75941, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Diboll (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old Diboll Library (approx. 0.3 miles away); First Methodist Church of Diboll Emporia (approx. 1.1 miles away); Ryan Chapel (approx. 2 miles away); Burke Methodist Church (approx. 3.1 miles away); Burke School (approx. 3.2 miles away); Prairie Grove (approx. 3.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Diboll.
Also see . . . Biography of Thomas Lewis Latane Temple. “Another year, 1877, saw young Temple in Texarkana, where he laid the foundation of his successes. He sought employment as bookkeeper, and his ability to adapt himself to almost any sort of work enabled him to secure a situation. For four years he kept books, watched for an opportunity to better himself and maintained his name above reproach.” (Submitted on May 8, 2010.)
Categories. • Horticulture & Forestry •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 5, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,342 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 5, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.