Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Chestertown in Kent County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

George Washington

 
 
George Washington Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Pfingsten, October 18, 2007
1. George Washington Marker
Inscription. Original benefactor 1782. Member, Visitors and Governors, 1784–1789.
 
Location. 39° 13.019′ N, 76° 4.061′ W. Marker is in Chestertown, Maryland, in Kent County. Marker can be reached from Washington Avenue (Maryland Route 213) north of Campus Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is on the campus of Washington College. Marker is in this post office area: Chestertown MD 21620, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Washington College (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); William Beck Nicholson (approx. half a mile away); Baltimore Regional Trail (approx. half a mile away); American Victory (approx. half a mile away); Chestertown, First Population Center of the United States (approx. half a mile away); George Vickers (approx. half a mile away); Tercentenary Celebration (approx. half a mile away); In This Church (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chestertown.
 
Categories. EducationNotable Persons
 
Inscription on ground in front of the statue. image. Click for full size.
By William Pfingsten, October 18, 2007
2. Inscription on ground in front of the statue.
Dedicated October 20, 1957, one hundred seventy fifth anniversary, Washington College. A benefaction of Mr. & Mrs. W. R. McAlpin.
George Washington Statue image. Click for full size.
By William Pfingsten, October 18, 2007
3. George Washington Statue
George Washington (1732–1799) image. Click for full size.
By William Pfingsten, October 18, 2007
4. George Washington (1732–1799)
1947 Bronze by Lee Oskar Lawrie (1877–1963) is 7 feet high on a 3 foot high base was dedicated in 1957, the 175th anniversary of the school.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 19, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,051 times since then and 47 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 19, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement