Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Fayetteville in Cumberland County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Bank of the United States

 
 
Bank of the United States Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., July 28, 2009
1. Bank of the United States Marker
Inscription.

Second national bank opened branch in 1818 in Fayetteville. Bank operated, 1820-1835, in house one block east.
 
Erected 2001 by North Carolina Division of Archives and History. (Marker Number I-80.)
 
Location. 35° 2.936′ N, 78° 52.765′ W. Marker is in Fayetteville, North Carolina, in Cumberland County. Marker is at the intersection of Gillespie Street and Halliday Street, on the right when traveling north on Gillespie Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fayetteville NC 28301, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Sandford House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Charles W. Chesnutt (about 700 feet away); Lafayette (approx. 0.2 miles away); Charter of the University of N. C. (approx. mile away); Town House (approx. mile away); Liberty Point (approx. mile away); The Market House (approx. mile away); First Presbyterian Church (approx. mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fayetteville.
 
Also see . . .
1. Second Bank of the U.S., Fayetteville Branch. (Submitted on May 19, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. The Bank of the U.S. in North Carolina.
Bank of the United States Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., July 28, 2009
2. Bank of the United States Marker
Looking north toward downtown Fayetteville.
(Submitted on May 19, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
 
Categories. Antebellum South, USGovernmentIndustry & Commerce
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 19, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 419 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on May 19, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.
Paid Advertisement