Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Ticonderoga in Essex County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Hancock House

July 8, 1925

 
 
Hancock House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, July 12, 2008
1. Hancock House Marker
Inscription.
This property has been
placed on the
National Register
of Historic Places
by the United States
Department of the Interior.

 
Location. 43° 50.912′ N, 73° 26.081′ W. Marker is in Ticonderoga, New York, in Essex County. Marker is at the intersection of Montcalm Street and Wicker Street, on the right when traveling west on Montcalm Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6 Moses Circle, Ticonderoga NY 12883, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Liberty Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); Men of Ticonderoga (approx. 0.6 miles away); Hon. Clayton Harris DeLano (approx. 0.6 miles away); Grand Carry Landing (approx. 0.6 miles away); Lord Howe’s Grave (approx. 0.6 miles away); Military Heroes of Ticonderoga (approx. 0.6 miles away); Artillery Park (approx. 0.7 miles away); Mount Defiance (was approx. ¾ mile away but has been reported missing. ). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ticonderoga.
 
Also see . . .  Ticonderoga Historical Society website. (Submitted on May 30, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
Ticonderoga Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, July 12, 2008
2. Ticonderoga Marker
The Hancock House marker is seen here to the right of the front door.
Hancock House image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, July 12, 2008
3. Hancock House
Dedicated in 1926, this Georgian mansion is a twin of the Beacon Hill residence of John Hancock’s Uncle Thomas which was built between 1737 and 1741 and demolished in 1863.
Hancock House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, July 12, 2008
4. Hancock House Marker
The Hancock House currently serves as headquarters of the Ticonderoga Historical Society.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 30, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 885 times since then and 39 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 30, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.
Paid Advertisement