Beeville in Bee County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Commercial National Bank
Housed on the northwest corner of the courthouse square in a two-story brick edifice, the bank was successful from the beginning. Profits were posted from its first quarter of business, and by 1895 stockholders received a dividend of four percent.
The bank building was remodeled in the 1930's and was modernized and expanded in the 1950s. A new banking facility was added south of the original structures in 1965 and included drive-in teller windows. A banking facility was added at Chase Field Naval Air Station in 1967. The main bank building added more space and drive-in windows in 1976 and 1982.
A branch bank was added in 1985 at College North Shopping Center, and in 1991 the First State Bank of Mathis was established as a branch bank.
Many Prominent citizens have been associated with the bank, including state legislators. The bank continues to support and serve the community.
Erected 1997 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 7146.)
Location. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 South Washington Street, San Antonio TX 78201, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Douglas A4 Skyhawk (within shouting distance of this marker); Beeville on the Poesta (within shouting distance of this marker); Bee County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); McClanahan House (approx. 0.2 miles away); First National Bank of Beeville (approx. one mile away); St. Rose Cemetery (approx. 1.2 miles away); Medio Creek (approx. 8.3 miles away); Aransas Creek Settlers (approx. 11.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Beeville.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 26, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 746 times since then and 63 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 26, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.