Franklin in Heard County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Franklin Baptist Church
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 074-3.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 16.805′ N, 85° 5.864′ W. Marker is in Franklin, Georgia, in Heard County. Marker is on Main Street 0 miles east of Park Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Franklin GA 30217, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Heard County (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Heard County Jail (about 500 feet away); Franklin Methodist Church (about 600 feet away); Benjamin Hawkins (approx. 0.6 miles away); William Hogan Plantation (approx. 13.4 miles away); Council Bluffs Treaty (approx. 14.1 miles away); McIntosh Reserve (approx. 14.1 miles away).
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 6, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 537 times since then and 37 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 6, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.