Milwaukee in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
St. Josaphat Basilica
Erected 1969 by Wisconsin Council for Local History. (Marker Number 74.)
Location. 43° 0.163′ N, 87° 55.142′ W. Marker is in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, in Milwaukee County. Marker is at the intersection of West Lincoln Avenue and South 6th Street on West Lincoln Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is located on the northeast corner of the building. Marker is at or near this postal address: 601 West Lincoln Avenue, Milwaukee WI 53215, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Bay View’s Immigrants (approx. 0.7 miles away); R. D. Whitehead Monument (approx. 1.1 miles away); Saint Stephen Lutheran Church (approx. 1.1 miles away); Joseph Schlitz (approx. 1.2 miles away); Orville Cadwell (approx. 1.3 miles away); Jacob Best Mathias Stein (approx. 1.3 miles away); Dr. Silas J. Sawyer and Jennie E. Sawyer (approx. 1.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Milwaukee.
More about this marker. Wisconsin Registered Landmark #74
Also see . . . History of the Basilica. The Basilica of Saint Josaphat is a Minor Basilica created by Pope Pius XI in 1929. (Submitted on July 15, 2010.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 10, 2010, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 849 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on July 10, 2010, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. 2. submitted on May 1, 2015, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. 3, 4. submitted on July 10, 2010, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.