Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Williams in Coconino County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
 

Black and White Cleaners

 
 
Black and White Cleaners Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, July 8, 2010
1. Black and White Cleaners Marker
Inscription. Built by C. E. Boyce in 1907, this structure was a general merchandise and hardware store and shared a common wall with the Old Post Office to the west. In 1929 it became a dry cleaners with a huge array of belt driven machinery and an adobe addition at the rear of the building.
 
Location. 35° 15.034′ N, 112° 11.275′ W. Marker is in Williams, Arizona, in Coconino County. Marker is on Bill Williams Avenue / Route 66 west of North 1st Avenue, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 129 West Route 66, Williams AZ 86046, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Old Post Office (a few steps from this marker); Adam's Grocery (a few steps from this marker); Duffy Brothers Grocery Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Citizens Bank (within shouting distance of this marker); Dime Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Lebsch Confectionery (within shouting distance of this marker); Tetzlaff Building (within shouting distance of this marker); The Cabinet Saloon (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Williams.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
Black and White Cleaners Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, July 8, 2010
2. Black and White Cleaners Marker
Black and White Cleaners image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, July 8, 2010
3. Black and White Cleaners
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 21, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 641 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on July 21, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement