Fernandina Beach in Nassau County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Revolutionary War Invasion of British East Florida
Erected 1996 by Florida State Society, Daughters of the American Revolution, Anne White Stewart State Regent 1995-1997.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 30° 40.276′ N, 81° 27.867′ W. Marker is in Fernandina Beach, Florida, in Nassau County. Marker is on Center Avenue east of Front Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. This historical marker is located in the downtown business district, near the water front area along the Amelia River, and just east of the town's old railroad depot. Marker is in this post office area: Fernandina Beach FL 32034, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Florida's First Atlantic to Gulf Railroad (a few steps from this marker); William Bartram Trail David L. Yulee (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Lesesne House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Nassau County Historic Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); Phelan-Verot House Built Prior to 1866 (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Presbyterian Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Memorial United Methodist Church (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fernandina Beach.
Categories. • Military • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 22, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,130 times since then and 50 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 22, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.