East Hanover in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
and Continental Army encamped
here, 1777, and 1779 – 1780. Major
iron-producing center in the
nation during the 19th century.
Erected 1979 by Morris County Heritage Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the New Jersey, Morris County Heritage Commission marker series.
Location. 40° 49.669′ N, 74° 20.115′ W. Marker is in East Hanover, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker is at the intersection of Eagle Rock Road and River Road, on the right when traveling west on Eagle Rock Road. Touch for map. Marker is on the west side of the bridge over the Passaic River. Marker is in this post office area: East Hanover NJ 07936, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Halfway House (approx. 2.4 miles away); Hanover Presbyterian Church & Unknown Continental Soldiers (approx. 2.4 miles away); Hanover Presbyterian Church (approx. 2.4 miles away); The First School (approx. 2.4 miles away); Old Parsonage (approx. 2.6 miles away); The Brick Store Old Burying Ground (approx. 3.2 miles away); First Fire House in Caldwell (approx. 3.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in East Hanover.
Also see . . . Historic Markers/Historic Preservation. Morris County Heritage Commission. (Submitted on July 23, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Political Subdivisions • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 23, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 743 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 23, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.