Cumming in Forsyth County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 058-2.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 12.391′ N, 84° 8.369′ W. Marker is in Cumming, Georgia, in Forsyth County. Marker is on Veterans Memorial Boulevard (Georgia Route 9) 0 miles south of Main Street (Georgia Route 20), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. The marker stands in front of the Forsyth County Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 Courthouse Square, Cumming GA 30040, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker Colonel William Cumming (here, next to this marker); Cumming School (approx. 0.2 miles away); Cumming Historic Cemetery (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old Federal Road (approx. 5 miles away); Fowler Family Farm (approx. 5.4 miles away); Poole's Mill Covered Bridge (approx. 8.3 miles away); Suwanee, Georgia 9/11 Memorial (approx. 11.2 miles away); B. F. Shirley Home (approx. 12.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cumming.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Government • Notable Persons • Politics •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 25, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 942 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 25, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.