Refugio in Refugio County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Our Lady of Refuge Catholic Church
Correction: The school and convent of Our Lady of Refuge Parish were built in 1939-40. The complex was dedicated March 31, 1940.
Erected 1994 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 3886.)
Location. 28° 17.642′ N, 97° 16.653′ W. Marker is in Refugio, Texas, in Refugio County. Marker is on South Alamo Street (Business State Highway 77) near West Roca Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1008 S.Alamo Street, Refugio TX 78377, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Site of Mission Nuestra Señora del Refugio (here, next to this marker); Dennis M. O'Connor Public Library (approx. 0.2 miles away); Colonel A. M. Hobby/Hobby's 8th Texas Infantry Regiment, C.S.A. Refugio County Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); Refugio County (approx. 0.2 miles away); Empresario James Power (approx. 0.2 miles away); Sally Scull (approx. 0.2 miles away); Amon B. King (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Refugio.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 29, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 638 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 29, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.