Augusta in Richmond County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Signal Corps Aviation School
1911 - 1913
Erected 1967 by Georgia Historical Commssion
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 27.821′ N, 81° 56.492′ W. Marker is in Augusta, Georgia, in Richmond County. Marker is at the intersection of Sand Bar Ferry Road (State Road 28) and Oak Street, on the right when traveling east on Sand Bar Ferry Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Augusta GA 30901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Home of Governor Telfair (approx. half a mile away); Georgia’s First School of Medicine (approx. 0.7 miles away); De L Aigle Brick Yard (approx. 0.8 miles away); Troop K Georgia Cavalry (approx. 0.8 miles away); Thankful Baptist Church (approx. 0.9 miles away); Bicentennial Augusta, Ga (approx. 0.9 miles away); De L Aigle Brick Yards (approx. 0.9 miles away); Magnolia Cemetery (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Augusta.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. the relationship, Army Aviation School at College Park. Md.
Categories. • Air & Space • Military • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 30, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 789 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 30, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.