Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
New Castle in New Castle County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Presbyterian Church

 
 
Presbyterian Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Roger Dean Meyer, October 8, 2006
1. Presbyterian Church Marker
Inscription. Founded as a Dutch Reformed Church, 1657. The first building was on the Strand end of the church lot. This church was one of 7 which organized the first Presbytery in America in 1706. Present brick meeting house was built 1707.
 
Erected 1951 by Public Archives Commission. (Marker Number NC-75.)
 
Location. 39° 39.584′ N, 75° 33.769′ W. Marker is in New Castle, Delaware, in New Castle County. Marker is on East Second Street 0.1 miles north of Delaware Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 25 East Second Street, New Castle DE 19720, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Welcome Society of Pennsylvania (here, next to this marker); New Castle Common (a few steps from this marker); Sheriff's House and County Jail (within shouting distance of this marker); Frenchtown Railroad Sleepers (within shouting distance of this marker); New Castle Court House 1732 (within shouting distance of this marker); Revolutionary War Patriots in the Immanuel Churchyard
The Presbyterian Church image. Click for full size.
By Roger Dean Meyer, October 8, 2006
2. The Presbyterian Church
(about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); George Read (about 300 feet away); Delaware's Independence Hall (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Castle.
 
Also see . . .  New Castle Presbyterian Church History. (Submitted on November 7, 2007, by Roger Dean Meyer of Yankton, South Dakota.)
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 7, 2007, by Roger Dean Meyer of Yankton, South Dakota. This page has been viewed 1,497 times since then and 45 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on November 7, 2007, by Roger Dean Meyer of Yankton, South Dakota. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement