Cullman in Cullman County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
St. Johnís Evangelical Protestant Church
An ethnic German church formed by immigrant families. Services held exclusively in the German language until 1932. In 1937, the Evangelical German churches merged with the Reformed churches and the national Evangelical and Reformed denomination was established. St. Johnís became a part of the United Church of Christ in 1957.
Erected 1995 by Alabama Historical Association.
Location. 34° 10.4′ N, 86° 50.333′ W. Marker is in Cullman, Alabama, in Cullman County. Marker is on 2nd Avenue Southeast north of 6th Street Southeast, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 512 2nd Avenue Southeast, Cullman AL 35055, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sand Mountain Plateau (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Weiss Cottage (about 700 feet away); “Die Deutsche Kolonie Von Nord Alabama” (approx. ľ mile away); Betz Addition Historic District (approx. 0.3 miles away); Evangelical Protestant Church Johann Gottfried Cullmann (approx. half a mile away); Cullman, Alabama (approx. half a mile away); Cullman Railroad Depot (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cullman.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 1, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 976 times since then and 55 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 1, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.