Tulsa in Tulsa County, Oklahoma — The American South (West South Central)
First Oil Well in Tulsa County
Erected 1949 by Oklahoma Historical Society.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Oklahoma Historical Society marker series.
Location. 36° 6.274′ N, 96° 1.396′ W. Marker is in Tulsa, Oklahoma, in Tulsa County. Marker is on Southwest Boulevard (State Highway 66) south of West 41st Street South, in the median. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4244 Southwest Boulevard, Tulsa OK 74107, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Not Just a Ball Game (approx. 2.9 miles away); Mary Veasey Leech (approx. 2.9 miles away); Creek Stickball Park (approx. 2.9 miles away); Creek Nation Council Oak Memorial (approx. 2.9 miles away); The Bridge that Saved Tulsa (approx. 2.9 miles away); Tulsa's First Post Office (approx. 3.1 miles away); Perryman Cemetery (approx. 3.2 miles away); Elliott Building (approx. 3.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tulsa.
Categories. • 20th Century • Natural Resources •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 7, 2010, by Tim Connor of Owasso, Oklahoma. This page has been viewed 1,370 times since then. Photo 1. submitted on August 7, 2010, by Tim Connor of Owasso, Oklahoma. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A photo of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?