Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Lexington in Davidson County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Old Davidson County Courthouse

 
 
Old Davidson County Courthouse Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, August 2, 2010
1. Old Davidson County Courthouse Marker
Inscription.
Completed 1858. Interior
was burned, 1865, rebuilt
ca. 1867. Fine example of
Classical Revival style.

 
Erected 1972 by Office of Archives and History. (Marker Number K 44.)
 
Location. 35° 49.437′ N, 80° 15.214′ W. Marker is in Lexington, North Carolina, in Davidson County. Marker is at the intersection of N Main Street and W Center Street, on the right when traveling south on N Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lexington NC 27292, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Our Confederate Dead (within shouting distance of this marker); Lexington in the Civil War (within shouting distance of this marker); City of Lexington (within shouting distance of this marker); Captain Benjamin Merrill (within shouting distance of this marker); Daniel Boone and Gen. Nathanael Greene (within shouting distance of this marker); The Homestead (approx. 0.3 miles away); Wm. Rainey Holt (approx. 0.3 miles away); Pilgrim Church (approx. 3.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lexington.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
Lexington Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, August 2, 2010
2. Lexington Marker
Old Davidson County Courthouse Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, August 2, 2010
3. Old Davidson County Courthouse Marker
Marker on Main Street image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, August 2, 2010
4. Marker on Main Street
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 8, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 618 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 8, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.
Paid Advertisement