Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Parsons in Tucker County, West Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Tucker County Courthouse

 
 
Tucker County Courthouse Marker image. Click for full size.
By Craig Swain, July 24, 2010
1. Tucker County Courthouse Marker
Inscription.
Architect - Frank Pierce Milburn
Built 1898 - c. 1900
The original county seat at St. George was forcibly moved to Parsons at night on August 1, 1893. With the construction of the brick courthouse hopes of the return to St. George were lost forever.

Declared a Tucker County Historic Landmark July 4, 1984.
 
Location. 39° 5.812′ N, 79° 40.813′ W. Marker is in Parsons, West Virginia, in Tucker County. Marker is at the intersection of 1st Street (U.S. 219) and Walnut Street, on the right when traveling east on 1st Street. Touch for map. Located on the side of the Tucker County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Parsons WV 26287, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Williams v. Board of Education Case (a few steps from this marker); Corrick's Ford Battle (a few steps from this marker); Parsons / Corrick's Ford (within shouting distance of this marker); Corricks Ford Battlefield (approx. half a mile away); The Corrick House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Corricks Ford (approx. 0.6 miles away); a different marker also named Corricks Ford (approx. 0.7 miles away); a different marker also named Corrick's Ford (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Parsons.
 
Categories. Government
 
Side of Courthouse with Marker image. Click for full size.
By Craig Swain, July 24, 2010
2. Side of Courthouse with Marker
Dedication Stone image. Click for full size.
By Craig Swain, July 24, 2010
3. Dedication Stone
Tucker County Courthouse image. Click for full size.
By Craig Swain, July 24, 2010
4. Tucker County Courthouse
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 20, 2010, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 574 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 20, 2010, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.
Paid Advertisement