Graham in Alamance County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Captain James W. White House
as a residence for his
daughter, Emily Virginia,
wife of Capt. James W. White
Erected by Graham Historic District Commission.
Location. 36° 4.021′ N, 79° 24.05′ W. Marker is in Graham, North Carolina, in Alamance County. Marker is on South Main Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 213 South Main Street, Graham NC 27253, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Kirk-Holden War (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); "Elmhurst" (about 500 feet away); Graham College (about 600 feet away); National Bank of Alamance (about 700 feet away); Graham's First Bank (about 700 feet away); Alamance County Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); Alamance County Confederate Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Originally a Wing of the Union Hotel (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Graham.
Regarding Captain James W. White House. Locally known as "The Captain White House", the Victorian, two-story house is now the home for the Alamance County Arts Center. The home was built in 1873 by Edwin Michael
Additional keywords. Graham, Alamance County Arts Center, Thomas Boney Garden, Edwin Michael Holt
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 29, 2010, by Paul Jordan of Burlington, N. C., U. S. A.. This page has been viewed 1,255 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on August 29, 2010, by Paul Jordan of Burlington, N. C., U. S. A.. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.