Joplin in Jasper County, Missouri — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Built in 1882 by Thomas Cunningham to house the Cunningham National Bank. Present facade reflects a circa 1922 remodeling when the name was changed to the Quinby Building.
Partial facade restoration was made possible in 1990 by a grant from the Joplin Heritage Trust.
Erected by Joplin Heritage Trust.
Location. 37° 5.245′ N, 94° 30.794′ W. Marker is in Joplin, Missouri, in Jasper County. Marker is on Main Street (Missouri Route 43) near 4th Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 405 South Main Street, Joplin MO 64801, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Swartz & Malsbury Building (within shouting distance of this marker); The Connor Hotel (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Jasper County Courthouse (approx. 0.3 miles away); Joplin World War II Memorial (approx. 0.3 miles away); Joplin Korean War and Vietnam War Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); Butterfly Garden and Overlook (approx. 1.9 miles away); Joplin Tornado Memorial, Volunteer Tribute and Children's Memorial (approx. 1.9 miles away); St. John's Regional Medical Center (approx. 1.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Joplin.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 29, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 724 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 29, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.