Placerville in El Dorado County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
History of Old Town Center
1856 – 1864- After the fire of 1856 Davis & Roy’s famous Nebraska Saloon was built.
1864 – 1871- Roy & Tryon’s Cabinet Warehouse.
1871 – 1887- A.T. Culbertson’s Furniture Store.
1887 – 1920- M.Q. Meehan Hardware Store specialized in selling carload lots of Hercules Blasting Powder used in deep gold mines.
1920 – 1958- Dr. R.A. Rantz and Don A. Goodrich owned the Sportsman Shop.
1958 – 1983- Location of Atwood Insurance Co.
1981 – The Masonic Building was purchased by Mr. & Mrs. J.K. Woo who have remodeled the building to house retail shops, professional offices, and constructed a large deck over Hangtown Creek.
Location. 38° Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 413 Main Street, Placerville CA 95667, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Davis and Roy News Depot / Shelley Inch Building / Placerville News Company (a few steps from this marker); Placerville Hardware (within shouting distance of this marker); Lower Fairchild Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Randolph Jewelers (within shouting distance of this marker); James D. Rinehart (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Branch Saloon/Bingham's Jewelrey/Seligman Building/Ewing Building (about 300 feet away); Morning Star #20 I.O.O.F Lodge Building (about 300 feet away); The Forum Café / Union Hotel / United States Trio Hall / The Forum Café / The Blue Bell Café (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Placerville.
Categories. • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 11, 2010, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 947 times since then and 39 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 11, 2010, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.