DeForest in Dane County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
After an illness in 1879, Dahl became an ordained minister and devoted his remaining years to the Lutheran church.
Erected 1995 by Dane County Historical Society. (Marker Number 32.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Wisconsin, Dane County Historical Society marker series.
Location. 43° 14.833′ N, 89° 20.641′ W. Marker is in DeForest, Wisconsin, in Dane County. Marker is on South Main Street (County Highway CV) near Holum Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 112 South Main Street, De Forest WI 53532, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The De Forest Depot (approx. 0.2 miles away); De Forest Centennial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Our Bell Site of the First Well in DeForest (approx. one mile away); Ella Wheeler Wilcox (approx. 4.2 miles away); Token Creek (approx. 4.3 miles away); Schumacher Farm (approx. 5.8 miles away); Maureen Mengelt Memorial (approx. 7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in DeForest.
Also see . . . Andreas Dahl Photographs. From the Wisconsin Historical Society. (Submitted on October 30, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin.)
Categories. • Arts, Letters, Music • Churches & Religion • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 4, 2010, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 1,123 times since then and 22 times this year. Last updated on October 17, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. Photos: 1. submitted on August 4, 2010, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. 2. submitted on October 30, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.