Frankford in Sussex County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Frankford United Methodist Church
In 1880, a new spire was added, and in 1889, the roof was elevated six feet. Leaded stained glass windows were added during this period. They are considered to be fine examples of the American Opalescent style of the late 19th century. An addition was constructed in 1916 and subsequently expanded with the completion of a second story in 1947. A fellowship hall was built in 1967. The earliest legible tombstone inscription in the adjoining cemetery is dated 1868.
Erected 2000 by The Delaware Public Archives. (Marker Number SC-137.)
Location. 38° 31.061′ N, 75° 14.128′ W. Marker is in Frankford, Delaware, in Sussex County. Marker is on Clayton Avenue / Main Street (County Route 54) near Frankford Avenue, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Antioch Camp Meeting (approx. one mile away); Dagsboro (approx. 2.1 miles away); Prince George's Chapel (approx. 2.1 miles away); Baltimore Hundred (approx. 3.2 miles away); John McCabe (approx. 3.7 miles away); Salem United Methodist Church (approx. 4.1 miles away); Hickory Hill Methodist Church (approx. 4.1 miles away); Home of John G. Townsend, Jr. (approx. 4.1 miles away).
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 26, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 566 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 26, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.