Pittsburg in Contra Costa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Bank of America
In January 1927, the bank was purchased by Liberty Bank of San Francisco, which then merged with Bank of America Los Angeles later the same day. The following month it was purchased by the Bank of Italy.
In 1930, the Bank of Italy was consolidated by its founder, A.P. Giannini with the Bank of America.
This building has become a visual focal point for the Historical District of Pittsburg.
Erected 2004 by Pittsburg Historical Society, Adam Irikat, Owner and Joaquin Murrieta, Chapter 13, E Clampus Vitus.
Marker series. This marker is included in the E Clampus Vitus marker series.
Location. 38° 1.951′ N, 121° 53.024′ W. Marker is in Pittsburg, California, in Contra Costa County. Marker is at the intersection of Railroad Avenue and East 4th Street, on the right when traveling south on Railroad Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 420 Railroad Avenue, Pittsburg CA 94565, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. “The Steelworker in Pittsburg” (within shouting distance of this marker); Black Diamond Pittsburg Post Dispatch Building (about 300 feet away); Federal Relocation of Italians in America During World II (about 500 feet away); Riverview Union High School (approx. 3.3 miles away); Antioch High School Cupola (approx. 3.3 miles away); The McCoy Cook House (approx. 3.3 miles away); City of Antioch War Dog Memorial (approx. 3.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pittsburg.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Also see . . . Who Made America – A.P. Giannini. A biography of A.P. Giannini and information on his banking endeavors in California. (Submitted on November 2, 2010.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 2, 2010, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 836 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 2, 2010, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.