Springville in Saint Clair County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
First Baptist Church Of Springville
Organized March 22, 1817
Charter member and first pastor was Sion Blythe
who served for 17 years.
The oldest church in St. Clair County.
Presbyterian and Methodist denominations used
the church building before turn of century.
Name of church changed to Springville Baptist, 1877
and to First Baptist Church, Springville, 1974
Erected 1977 by Alabama Historical Association.
Location. 33° 46.884′ N, 86° 28.204′ W. Marker is in Springville, Alabama, in Saint Clair County. Marker is at the intersection of Wilson Street and McGinnis Circle, on the left when traveling north on Wilson Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 980 Robinson Street, Springville AL 35146, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Cahaba Heart River of Alabama (approx. 5.2 miles away); Original Site of Pleasant Hill Methodist Church (approx. 5.8 miles away); Mount Calvary Cemetery (approx. 6.4 miles away); Town of Margaret (approx. 6.7 miles away); Wear Cemetery Pioneer Massey Cemetery (approx. 8.8 miles away); Clay Methodist Cemetery (approx. 9.3 miles away); The Clay Community (approx. 9˝ miles away).
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 11, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,001 times since then and 45 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 11, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.