Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Diboll in Angelina County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

First Methodist Church of Diboll

 
 
First Methodist Church of Diboll Marker image. Click for full size.
By Steve Gustafson, November 10, 2010
1. First Methodist Church of Diboll Marker
Inscription. This congregation was founded about 1897, soon after Diboll was established as a sawmill town. Early worship services were held in a local schoolhouse and in a two-story structure shared with the local Baptist congregation and fraternal organizations. Church leaders acquired this site by lease in 1914 and built their first sanctuary that year. The land was deeded to the congregation in 1922, and additional facilities were later built to accommodate the growing membership. The church still counts among its members descendants of some of its founding families.
 
Erected 1991 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 6998.)
 
Location. 31° 10.791′ N, 94° 47.259′ W. Marker is in Diboll, Texas, in Angelina County. Marker is on Hines Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 401 Hines Street, Diboll TX 75941, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Diboll Library (approx. 0.3 miles away); Emporia (approx. half a mile away); Thomas Lewis Latane Temple (approx. 0.6 miles away); Diboll (approx. 0.7
First Methodist Church of Diboll image. Click for full size.
By Steve Gustafson, November 10, 2010
2. First Methodist Church of Diboll
miles away); Ryan Chapel (approx. 2.6 miles away); Burke Methodist Church (approx. 3.7 miles away); Burke School (approx. 3.8 miles away); Prairie Grove (approx. 4.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Diboll.
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 16, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 907 times since then and 66 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on November 16, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement