Milwaukee in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The first house on this corner was Solomon Juneau's residence, built in -1835. The Wisconsin Marine and Fire Insurance Co. and its successor, the Marine National Bank occupied this site from -1846-to-1930. The present building was erected in -1876 by Alexander Mitchell.
Erected 1930 by Old Settlers Club of Milwaukee County.
Location. 43° 2.235′ N, 87° 54.527′ W. Marker is in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, in Milwaukee County. Marker is at the intersection of Water Street and Michigan Avenue, on the right when traveling north on Water Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 207 East Michigan Avenue, Milwaukee WI 53202, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Iron Block (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Every Building Tells a Story (about 500 feet away); The First Milwaukeeans (about 500 feet away); Historic Milwaukee (about 600 feet away); Wisconsin's Oldest Newspaper (about 600 feet away); The First House on the East Side of Milwaukee (about 700 feet away); Gertie (about 700 feet away); Milwaukee's Bridge War (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Milwaukee.
Also see . . .
1. Mitchell Building Details. (Submitted on November 30, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Mitchell Building. (Submitted on November 30, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 30, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 394 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 30, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.