Near Jeffersonville in Twiggs County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
U.S. Geodetic Survey in 1948 established this Vicinity as the exact center of Georgia.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 143-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 39.722′ N, 83° 26.254′ W. Marker is near Jeffersonville, Georgia, in Twiggs County. Marker is at the intersection of Jeffersonville-Bullard and Marion Road, on the right when traveling east on Jeffersonville-Bullard. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Jeffersonville GA 31044, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Geographic Center of Georgia (within Richland Baptist Church (approx. 3.1 miles away); Arthur Fort, 1750-1833 (approx. 4.1 miles away); Ezekiel Wimberley (approx. 5.6 miles away); Twiggs County (approx. 5.6 miles away); Stone Creek Baptist Church - 1808 (approx. 7.6 miles away); Tarversville (approx. 8.4 miles away); Rev. Vincent A. Tharp Home (1809) (approx. 8.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jeffersonville.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 3, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 430 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 3, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.