Grand Canyon National Park in Coconino County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Bright Angel Lodge
Bright Angel Hotel (below) was built around 1895 to serve stagecoach passengers. In 1905 the hotel became Bright Angel Camp, which eventually included cabins and an adjoining tent village.
In 1935 the Fred Harvey Company replaced the camp with Bright Angel Lodge, which stands here now. The lodge is one of six historic structures at Grand Canyon designed by architect Mary Colter.
Erected by National Park Service.
Location. 36° 3.423′ N, 112° 8.423′ W. Marker is in Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona, in Coconino County. Touch for map. Marker is along the South Rim walkway, adjacent to the rear of the lodge restaurant, off Village Loop Drive in Grand Canyon Village. Marker is in this post office area: Grand Canyon AZ 86023, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Bright Angel Lodge (within shouting distance of this marker); Lookout Studio (within shouting distance of this marker); Buckey O'Neill Cabin (within shouting distance of this marker); Trans-Canyon Telephone Line (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); CCC Legacy Mule Barns (about 700 feet away); Historic Kolb Studio (about 700 feet away); Kolb Studio (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Grand Canyon National Park.
Also see . . . Bright Angel Lodge Historic Photos. (Submitted on January 6, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 6, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 789 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. submitted on January 6, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.