Port Allegany in McKean County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1948 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 41° 48.67′ N, 78° 16.832′ W. Marker is in Port Allegany, Pennsylvania, in McKean County. Marker is on North Main Street (U.S. 6) south of Maple Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Port Allegany PA 16743, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Allegheny Portage (approx. 0.4 miles away); a different marker also named Port Allegany (approx. ¾ mile away); Port Allegany, PA (approx. 5 miles away); Mount Equity Plantation (approx. 5.8 miles away); Saint Mary's Church (approx. 7 miles away); Tidewater Pipe Company (approx. 7.8 miles away); McKean County (approx. 8.6 miles away); "The Bucktails" (approx. 8.6 miles away).
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 24, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 445 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on January 24, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 2. submitted on January 26, 2011, by Forest McDermott of Masontown, Pennsylvania. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.