Marcellus in Onondaga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of First Frame House
Erected 1941 by NYS Education Department.
Location. 42° 58.95′ N, 76° 20.25′ W. Marker is in Marcellus, New York, in Onondaga County. Marker is on West Seneca Turnpike (Main Street) (Route 175) just east of North Street (U.S. 174), on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Near the Big M Market. Marker is at or near this postal address: 21 East Main Street, Marcellus NY 13108, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Sawmill (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of Old Hotel (about 400 feet away); St. John's Beach (approx. 5.1 miles away); Site of The Great Fire (approx. 5.2 miles away); Sherwood Inn (approx. 5.4 miles away); 9 Mile Creek Aqueduct (approx. 5.9 miles away); "Factory Gulf" (approx. 6.1 miles away); Paddock Mill (approx. 6.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marcellus.
Also see . . .
1. History of the Town of Marcellus. The Beach family were very prominent early residents of Marcellus, having started (Submitted on February 5, 2011, by Nancy Mueller of LaFayette, New York.)
2. Dr, Elnathan Beach- Early physician-Marcellus, NY. (Submitted on February 5, 2011.)
Categories. • Patriots & Patriotism • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 5, 2011. This page has been viewed 526 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 5, 2011, by Nancy Mueller of LaFayette, New York. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.