Abbeville in Wilcox County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 156-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 59.562′ N, 83° 18.407′ W. Marker is in Abbeville, Georgia, in Wilcox County. Marker is at the intersection of North Broad Street (U.S. 129) and Park Avenue, on the left when traveling south on North Broad Street. Touch for map. The marker stands in front of the Wilcox County Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 103 N. Broad Street, Abbeville GA 31001, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 16 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. De Soto Trail (a Jefferson Davis (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Jefferson Davis (within shouting distance of this marker); New Hope Primitive Baptist Church (approx. 2 miles away); Battle of Breakfast Branch (approx. 4.3 miles away); Ozias Church Bethlehem Church (approx. 10.8 miles away); Stuckey's (approx. 15½ miles away); Old Eastman School (approx. 15.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Abbeville.
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 5, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 588 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 5, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.