Trenton in Mercer County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Named for General Thomas Cadwalader, Trenton’s Chief Burgess in 1746. Promoted by Edmund C. Hill in 1884. Authorized by City Council in 1888 following a public poll. Designed by Frederick Law Olmsted of New York, nationally known park designer. Property acquired piecemeal, finally totaling over 100 acres. Park was completed in 1901. One of America’s outstanding municipal parks.
Erected by Trenton Bicentennial Committee.
Location. 40° 14.196′ N, 74° 47.245′ W. Marker is in Trenton, New Jersey, in Mercer County. Marker can be reached from near the entrance to Cadwalader Park, on the right. Touch for map. This marker is inside Cadwalader Park near the main entrance from Parkside Avenue. Marker is at or near this postal address: 299 Parkside Ave, Trenton NJ 08618, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mercer County Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); The Swamp Angel (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Briar Patch (about Ellarslie (about 700 feet away); John A. Roebling (approx. ¼ mile away); The Hermitage (approx. 0.7 miles away); Dorothea Dix (was approx. one mile away but has been reported missing. ); Emlen House (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Trenton.
Categories. • Natural Resources • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 9, 2007, by Gary Nigh of Trenton, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,474 times since then and 28 times this year. Last updated on December 11, 2007, by Gary Nigh of Trenton, New Jersey. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 9, 2007, by Gary Nigh of Trenton, New Jersey. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.