San Jose in Santa Clara County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
—(Cottage No. 12) —
Appointed Cashier, Hacienda Forman and Secretary of the Miners Fund by the Manager Mr. Randol, Robert R. Bulmore moved into this cottage in September, 1878.
Mr. Bulmore’s avocation was photography, which he shared with the resident physician. Many existing photographs of the latter part of the 19th century in New Almaden are the work of these two men.
When Mr. Randol retired, Mr. Bulmore was appointed General Agent and sole Pacific Coast representative of the company. He then moved into the Casa Grande.
Erected 1982 by Douglas and Constance Perham and Mountain Charlie Chapter No. 1850, E Clampus Vitus.
Marker series. This marker is included in the E Clampus Vitus marker series.
Location. 37° 10.59′ N, 121° 49.318′ W. Marker is in San Jose, California, in Santa Clara County. Marker is on Almaden Road, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 21560 Almaden Road, San Jose CA 95120, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Carson House (within shouting distance of this marker); The Hauck House (about 400 feet away, Robert Scott House (about 500 feet away); Huttner House (about 600 feet away); Hacienda Cemetery (about 600 feet away); John Young House (about 600 feet away); a different marker also named Hacienda Cemetery (about 700 feet away); The Randol Family Home (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Jose.
Also see . . . A Biographical History of New Almaden. A history of the mining operations of New Almaden. (Submitted on April 1, 2011.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 1, 2011, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 439 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on April 1, 2011, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.