Lodi in San Joaquin County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Grand opening, May 1, 1915
James Whitaker, owner of first Lodi Hotel, (1870)
1912 E.B. Brown drew plans for a new hotel
Excavation and preliminary work by Cary Bros.
1914 Property sold to Lodi Investment Co.
W.H. Thompson, Pres.
Mr. Green, Contractor & R.P. Morrell, Architect
Estimated cost $150,000.00, First Proprietor, A.M. Jones
Hotel was unofficial headquarters of Eastern buyers of Lodi Fruit
Pine Street Annex added 1920
New banquet room (later named the Gold Room)
Formally opened by the Lodi Rotary Club October 26,1922
Major fires June 1940 and August 1960
Graffigna Family ownership 1945-1991
1998 Refurbished by Daniels C. Logue,
Development and Construction Co.
October 8, 1998
Lodi Historical Society
Erected 1998 by Lodi Historical Society.
Location. 38° 8.028′ N, 121° 16.425′ W. Marker is in Lodi, California, in San Joaquin County. Marker is at the intersection of South School Street and West Pine Street, on the right when traveling south on South School Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 7 South School Street, Lodi CA 95240, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within The First A&W Root Beer (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Laura de Force Gordon (approx. 0.2 miles away); Woman's Club of Lodi (approx. 0.2 miles away); City Hall, Fire House and Jail (approx. ¼ mile away); Hale Park (approx. 0.3 miles away); Salem School Bell (approx. 1.4 miles away); San Joaquin Valley College (approx. 2 miles away); Harmony Grove Church (approx. 5.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lodi.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 8, 2011, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 462 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 8, 2011, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.