Stroud in Lincoln County, Oklahoma — The American South (West South Central)
William Alfred Mensch Building
Historic US Route 66
of Historic Places
by the United States
Department of the Interior
Erected by Main Street Stroud.
Marker series. This marker is included in the U.S. Route 66 marker series.
Location. 35° 44.938′ N, 96° 39.36′ W. Marker is in Stroud, Oklahoma, in Lincoln County. Marker is on Main Street (State Highway 66) near 3rd Avenue, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is along Historic Route 66. Marker is at or near this postal address: 218 West Main Street, Stroud OK 74079, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Sac & Fox Agency (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Stroud Area Veterans Monument (about 400 feet away); Rock Cafe (about 500 feet away); Murrah Federal Building Bombing (approx. 1.8 miles away); Trooper Larry Crabtree (approx. 1.8 miles away); Trooper Kenneth "Kenny" Osborn (approx. 1.8 miles away); Turner Turnpike (approx. 1.9 miles away); Davenport's Historic Broadway Avenue (approx. 6.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Stroud.
1. National Register Of Historic Places:
Mensch, William Alfred, Building (added 2000 - - #00001576)
Also known as Stroud Convention Center
218 W. Main St. , Stroud
Historic Significance: Architecture/Engineering
Architectural Style: Early Commercial
Area of Significance: Architecture
Period of Significance: 1925-1949, 1900-1924
Historic Function: Commerce/Trade
Historic Sub-function: Specialty Store
Current Function: Social
Current Sub-function: Meeting Hall
— Submitted April 21, 2011.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 17, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 541 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 17, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.