Irwinton in Wilkinson County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1955 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 158-7.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 48.65′ N, 83° 10.417′ W. Marker is in Irwinton, Georgia, in Wilkinson County. Marker is at the intersection of Kenneth W. Birdsong Highway (Georgia Route 57) and Bacon Street (Old U.S. 441), on the right when traveling east on Kenneth W. Birdsong Highway. Touch for map. The marker stands on the grounds of the Wilkinson County Courthouse.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. George Henry Carswell (within shouting distance of this marker); The March to the Sea (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); McIntyre (approx. 2.4 miles away); Major John Hatcher (approx. 5½ miles away); Robert Toombs (approx. 5.6 miles away); Toomsboro (was approx. 5.6 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Ramah Church (approx. 10.3 miles away); In Memory of J. Rufus Kelly (approx. 10½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Irwinton.
More about this marker. The marker should be numbered 158-2 according to state records.
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 21, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 495 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on April 21, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.