Perrysburg in Wood County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Fort Meigs / Introduction 4
To the Rapids
Location. 41° 33.087′ N, 83° 39.175′ W. Marker is in Perrysburg, Ohio, in Wood County. Marker can be reached from West Indiana Avenue (Ohio Route 65) north of Fort Meigs Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. This historical marker is the fourth in a series of markers that make up a walking tour of Fort Meigs. This particular marker is located just outside of the back doorway of the park's visitor center, along the walkway that leads from the visitor center to the entrance of the reconstructed fort. Marker is in this post office area: Perrysburg OH 43551, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fort Meigs / Introduction 3 (a few steps from this marker); Fort Meigs / Introduction 2 Fort Meigs / Introduction 1 (within shouting distance of this marker); Fort Meigs / Construction (within shouting distance of this marker); 17th Infantry Regiment (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Amos Spafford / Perrysburg (about 400 feet away); Major Amos Stoddard (about 500 feet away); Fort Meigs (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Perrysburg.
Categories. • Forts, Castles • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 30, 2011, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 318 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 1, 2011, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.