Dubuque in Dubuque County, Iowa — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Louis Arriandeaux Log House
Occupied by the pioneer settler William Newman.
Brought to this site and restored through the efforts of Frederick E. Bissell, Sr.
Aided by interested citizens
and members of
the Dubuque Park Board.
Erected 1957 by Dubuque Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 42° 31.914′ N, 90° 39.038′ W. Marker is in Dubuque, Iowa, in Dubuque County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Shiras Avenue and Lincoln Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dubuque IA 52001, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Dubuque Shot Tower (approx. 2.2 miles away); Shot Tower (approx. 2.2 miles away); Methodist Chapel (approx. 2.4 miles away); "Fourth Street Elevator" (approx. 2.6 miles away); Eleazor and Diadamia Frentress (approx. 2.8 miles away in Illinois); East Dubuque Veterans' Memorial Julien Dubuque (approx. 4.4 miles away); Historic Dubuque (approx. 4.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dubuque.
Regarding Louis Arriandeaux Log House. Oldest standing structure West of the Mississippi River.
Categories. • Landmarks •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 5, 2011, by Bob (peach) Weber of Prescott Valley, Arizona. This page has been viewed 905 times since then and 223 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on June 5, 2011, by Bob (peach) Weber of Prescott Valley, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.