Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Georgetown in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

J. A. McDougle Home

 
 
J. A. McDougle Home Marker image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson
1. J. A. McDougle Home Marker
Inscription. One of the many fine structures erected by C. S. Belford Lumber Co., this house was built in 1895 for grocer J. A. McDougle (d. 1939). the Victorian styling included ornate stained glass windows. The home was bought in 1901 by John R. Allen and in 1910 by W. J. Flanagan, who was county treasurer for several terms. His family lived here until Mr. and Mrs. Halsell P. Armstrong became owners (1945). The property was acquired and restored in 1969 by Neil and Joyce Adams. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark.
 
Erected 1975 by the Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9297.)
 
Location. 30° 37.933′ N, 97° 40.443′ W. Marker is in Georgetown, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is on South Elm Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1312 S Elm St, Georgetown TX 78626, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. W.Y. Penn Home (here, next to this marker); Harrell-Stone House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); C.C. and Mattie Hughes Cody House (about 400 feet away); George Irvine House (about 400 feet away); Negro Fine Arts School
J. A. McDougle Home image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson
2. J. A. McDougle Home
(about 400 feet away); First United Methodist Church of Georgetown (about 400 feet away); St. Johnís United Methodist Church (about 400 feet away); A. W. Sillure House (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Georgetown.
 
Also see . . .  Georgetown, TX. (Submitted on December 22, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas.)
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 22, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,018 times since then and 57 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on December 22, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement