Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Gautier in Jackson County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
 

Twelve Oaks

 
 
Twelve Oaks Marker image. Click for full size.
By Stephen Bell, June 19, 2011
1. Twelve Oaks Marker
Inscription. Built ca. 1896 by Henry Gautier (1848-1921) for his second wife, Laura Canty. Henry Gautier was the eldest son of Fernando Gautier. The house is located in the Helen Moro Spanish land grant claim and was built on the site of the McRae Hotel, a pre-Civil War vacation resort for coastal area residents.
 
Erected 2000 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program marker series.
 
Location. 30° 22.473′ N, 88° 37.148′ W. Marker is in Gautier, Mississippi, in Jackson County. Marker is on Graveline Road 0.2 miles south of Old Spanish Trail, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Gautier MS 39553, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Creosote Works (approx. 0.4 miles away); Fernando Gautier and Sons Sawmill (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Old Place (approx. 0.7 miles away); Gautier School (approx. 0.7 miles away); New Era Missionary Baptist Church (approx. 0.8 miles away); Historic Gautier Cemetery
Twelve Oaks Marker image. Click for full size.
By Stephen Bell, June 19, 2011
2. Twelve Oaks Marker
(approx. 0.8 miles away); Mississippi (approx. 3.6 miles away); Jackson County WWII Memorial (approx. 3.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gautier.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
Gate by Marker image. Click for full size.
By Stephen Bell, June 19, 2011
3. Gate by Marker
What was beyond the gate? image. Click for full size.
By Stephen Bell, June 19, 2011
4. What was beyond the gate?
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 21, 2011, by Stephen Bell of Biloxi, Mississippi. This page has been viewed 1,072 times since then and 49 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 21, 2011, by Stephen Bell of Biloxi, Mississippi. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement